Thursday, January 13, 2011

On Striving. and Holiness

Jesus says,
I have loved you with an everlasting love. I have pulled you out of the mire and muck of your sin-laden life. I have redeemed you, dressed you in my purest garment, and written your name in the Book of Life. Never will I forget you or forsake you
Look at Israel. She was a nation with the most predictable cycle of sin. I would rescue her. She would serve me. Hard times would come. She would reject me. I would pursue her heart. She would come back to me begging for forgiveness. 
And I never loved her any less. She was my precious child--the one set apart for my purposes. 
You are now a part of my family. I created a new covenant so that you could enter into this beautiful relationship of love and mercy, of worship and holiness. All I ask of you is that you be consecrated unto me--set apart for my sacred use. I will do great things with your life if you let me. 
Love me with all of your heart and the obedience will follow. You will never be able to earn my acceptance, so stop striving. Know my love as yours and float in it, worship me for it, honor me because of it. 
You needn't worry about your eternal destination. If you confess with your mouth I am Lord, and you believe in your heart that my death and resurrection cover the cost of your sin you are saved.  
With an unquenchable passion for me, holiness will be your pursuit.

No comments:

Post a Comment