Friday, February 4, 2011

On Delegating to Community

Today, Jesus said to me, 

"Obedience to Me doesn't always mean doing everything yourself. Nowhere in Scripture is it commanded (or even indicated) that you are to "go into all the world...and you must go it alone." Where did you get this notion that the work you do is only able to be done by you? Child, you are irreplaceable and an essential part to my Body, but you are being overtaken by pride. You must give me those secret thoughts that say, "But if I don't do this, no one else will (or no one else will do it this good or this right.)"  Your way is not perfect. 

MY way is perfect, my dear, and my way is done in community with others. From the days of Moses I have been instructing my children to call on others to accomplish my will. I commanded that great man to delegate responsibilities to other leaders. He was trying to do everything himself and it just wasn't working. It's impossible. 

As soon as you realize you're doing it all, you must recognize that you are also rejecting my involvement--my leading. 

Don't be afraid to lose control. to lose respect. to lose words of affirmation when you give responsibilities to others. It may be a hard decision to make, but it is the right one. It is the humble choice that follows the example I set for you. Servanthood. When you make the choice to give up control, you are saying to others that you value their help, you need their help, you are not super woman.

You were created for community. Live in it

And start by letting Me lead." 

No comments:

Post a Comment